I woke up with a MAJOR headache this morning - nauseous and everything. So we didn't get school started until late. I was laying on the couch with a cold rag on my head when my husband walked in the door with valentine's for everyone! Teddy bears for the girls and a mini rose bush for me! What a sweet surprise!
Shortly after he left, Ellie decided she didn't like her teddy bear and wanted to trade. No one wanted to trade with her so she threw her teddy bear down over and over. Then she threw herself down on the ground. Then she looked at her sisters and said loudly, "You're going to make me scream!"
(I let a giggle slip out here. Maybe you just had to be there?)
This was great for my headache so I sent her to her room to scream and eventually she came out, feeling reformed. She loved her teddy bear and all was well again.
And I'm left wondering...what was that all about?
---------------------------------
The girls have been looking forward to today for weeks! I wasn't sure why since we didn't have anything super special planned but I found out WHY this morning...
I told Emily we were going to start school soon and she said, "But it's a holiday!"
I guess she thought it was SUCH a special day we were going to draw hearts and eat candy all day and
NOT have school!! LOL!
Alas, we DO have to carry on and actually LEARN something today...despite the headache and the 'holiday'! HowEVER, I have a few things planned to make learning on a 'holiday'
a little more FUN!
a little more FUN!
Math today:
I put money in heart shaped boxes and had Emily count the money and write down the totals into the numbered hearts on her paper. I downloaded the paper from here.
I also used several of her candy heart activities which you can find on her blog as well. I couldn't wait for today so we did them all last week! We graphed candy heart colors, letters, and then Emily did the probability activity too.
If you haven't discovered her blog yet, check it out. I love to see what she is up to her in her classroom. You can follow her on pinterest too.
If you haven't discovered her blog yet, check it out. I love to see what she is up to her in her classroom. You can follow her on pinterest too.
I didn't want to leave my Pre-K girls out so yesterday I made them an activity which I found here.
I cut out the alphabet and taped them to the backs of the chocolate hearts and Emily hid them around the room. Ellie and Catey found them all and matched them to this pink sheet. Ellie had to tell me the names of the letters and the sound they made. Catey just had to match them up.
This is another great blog to keep your eye on!
For snack today:
I added red sugar (something I bought on clearance after V-day last year) to the popcorn to make Valentine Kettle Corn. I also like to add M&Ms to their bowls (hide them at the bottom). I just HAPPENED to have pink, red, and white M&Ms. You can find a recipe for Kettle Corn here.
And yesterday we made...
I used the same chocolate hearts from yesterday's alphabet hunt. They were Dove's dark chocolate! Yum.
We've been making valentines for a week now and the other day I walked into the school room/kitchen to find this!
This is the kind of thing that makes my job as a mom so sweet! Love my life!
Well, I hope you had a great Valentine's Day today!






No comments:
Post a Comment