My kids are not the only ones with lesson to learn this
Christmas Season.
I am learning from them at the moment.
If you were to ask my girls why we celebrate Christmas, they would tell you "It's Jesus' birthday!" I know that they KNOW the point of Christmas. I know they just struggle, as we ALL do, to remember it on a daily basis. Aaron and I feel frustrated a lot at the attitude our kids have after all we've given them. They get to do a lot of fun activities, we have bought them fun things, we really try to treat them quite a bit. So, we begin to think we are doing too much. We shouldn't bless them so much. We shouldn't buy them things, etc.
I was thinking about this and suddenly began to feel convicted.
I have the SAME attitude.
me me me me me me me me me me me me me
I have asked God to bless our family time and time again.
And he has!!
I asked for him to work it out for us to buy land. He did!
I asked for a baby boy. He gave me one!
I asked for safety and health. We are!
And yet! I complain! I hate my mobile home and have hardly stopped complaining since we moved in! And all the while, I'm asking for more! God, can you work it out so we can build a nicer house? God, can you continue to bless Aaron at his job? God, can you bless our family and keep us safe and healthy?
I realize something. I love to bless my kids.
God LOVES to bless us.
I bet God is feeling the same way towards me as I am feeling towards my kids.
Hmmmmm.
Thank you Lord, for using my children to teach ME!
Give me a big helping of some Humble Pie!
No comments:
Post a Comment